Tuesday, November 15, 2005

More solved mysteries that have been torturing our souls...



Alright folks: as promised: The Origins of Bobby Pins and Bobby Socks! (Enter some super hero them music here)

Bobby pins came about in the early to mid 20's when women started to cut their hair in the classic bob:(Thanks for the pic, Cher) They used the pins to make the waves stay in place or whatever they were currently sporting. Since their hair had been "bobbed off" they invented Bobby pins. Yeah, not as exciting as I thought.


Bobby socks are of the same idea. During the 50's girls had been wearing knee high socks. When these anklets were invented they were bobbed short, or bobby'd hence bobby socks. Again not exciting at all, but it has cleared up that curiosity as well. What else would you all want to know about. Tell me all the questions that have been plaguing you and I'll see what I can come up with. Ooh! We can turn this into a game of Balderdash!

5 comments:

MRae said...

totlehero~I bet you will have some good quest

poodlebomb~Mr. Owl says three.

cher said...

fiona, believe it or not, you actually answered another question of mine. why is that hair cut called a BOB? Now it all makes sense. But what I want to know is why did He-man feel the need to wear a BOB, and did he use Bobby pins???

MRae said...

Cher that is such a good question. I have this feeling that He-Man lead a double life and was really a woman. That is why "he" needed to reiterate (over-iterate) the fact that he was a man... "HE-MAN" I thought I saw him use his bobby pins one episode to pick a lock...

Mr. Shife said...

Why does my left nut hang lower than my right nut?

MRae said...

mrshife you need to use bobby pins to correct that issue. Only God can tell you why you are a mutant.