Sunday, November 13, 2005

this blog has gone to hell in a hand basket...


They do exist! All this time I've been trying to figure out what the heck a hand basket looked like. Would it be a normal basket held in the hand? Would it be like the basket Little Red Ridinghood carried to her Grandma's? Or was it really just a misnomer for a purse? Also if anything is going to hell in a hand basket, how would everything fit? Did they mean hand cart? The kind where two people pump the lever to make it move? Again how would lots of things on that trip to hell be able to fit? I picture a cave that is orange from firelight with a winding railroad spiraling right down and everyone is sitting in there screaming (like in the cartoons) and then they land in a pile of marshmallows... Well I can't answer those questions, but at least I know what a hand basket is now.

5 comments:

cher said...

believe it or not, you have also answered a question that has eaten me for some time.

it's quite nice...this handbasket. i'd go along for the ride.

MRae said...

poodlebomb~that snazy little number just so happens to be from my most favorite store, Pier 1... with that in mind it's about $7 million.

cher~other questions that i am working on are: Why are they called bobby pins? Who the heck named bobby socks?

MRae said...

it's probably bobby brady that started the obsession...

cher said...

fiona-like i don't have enough stupid unanswered questions going around in my brain all day...now you add these. seriously. WHY BOBBY PINS??? WHY WHY WHYYYY??????????

Mr. Shife said...

Oooohhh, oooohhh, I have the perfect answer. OK, wait, shit. Ah hell I forgot.